l l My YouTube l l

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Arrival date.

They take a picture of you after Casting.
This was my pose.
I woke up at 6 to get in line around 7. Even by that time there was already a pretty long line so I would suggest to get there a little early so you can get to casting faster and pick your room in the apartment.

Once they let you in, you follow the line all the way to the Vista Way Pavilion. This is where you are going to fill out some paper work, pick your apartment, and get a parking decal (if you brought a car.)
Depending on where you are in the line this can a kinda long wait to a VERY long wait. Also depending on the time of year please dress for that weather. I was sweating like a mad man, it was pretty gross, but on to the next thing,.

After you finish with that they will tell you when you are supposed to get on a bus to go to Disney Casting.  If you have the time and live in Vista I would suggest you at least look at your apartment and try to claim the room you want. When you get on the bus they will hand you your I-9 paper to fill out in advance. Once off the bus you go into a series of waiting in lines and just do whatever the castmembers say.

This is when you find out where you are working, when you have traditions, and what your costume is going looks like. They also do the background check and finger print you. Make sure you have all of your paper work with you like your drivers license and SSC or Birth certificate. ** Just in case you forgot those oh so important papers (like me) They have a bus that will bring you to the Social Security Office to get a new copy.

Also when in casting they will have someone tell you about the Disney look and tell you if you are in Disney look or not.  They don't check the clothes, since this is your moving day, just your face like hair, earrings stuff like that. My hair was going over my ear so as of right now I'm not in the Disney look. Near Vista Way there is a Super Walmart that's open 24/7 that gives hair cuts for $15.99. If you are not in Disney Look when you arrive for Traditions you will not be able to do it, so you don't get paid and that's a stinker.

When that's done you just have one more thing to do. You have to go to the Housing meeting and it is mandatory. I had about a 2 and 1/2 hour gap till the meeting so that's when my family moved the rest of my stuff in the apartment. The Housing meeting takes about 2-3 hours and is boring as all hell, but they tell you important information about the housing complexs and phone numbers you can call when you need to get in touch with Price Management (the people who run the housing for the Disney Internships)

And that my friends, in a nutshell, what happened to me for my arrival date! If you have anymore questions about the arrival process just use the formspring widget on the right of my page or write a comment. It's up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment